Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Wish you were here- dedicated to mother (Mum's gone- miss her already)

I wish you were here,
To help me through the good times and the bad.
Dry my tears
And help me up only in the way you can.
Sing me a lullaby
Help me to sleep, to dream of wondrous things.

I wish you were here,
Trailing Angel perfume,
Drinking tea in the kitchen.
These are the memories I've got.
I wish you were here to hold me,
To kiss me on my brow.
To fall asleep at the count of ten.

You care about me,
That makes me love you more.
And when you're not here,
Who do I become aware of then?

Playing songs in a cycle,
Those that remind me of you.
Waiting for that one phone call that will bring me closer to you.
To tell you all my sorrows,
To relive all my the joy.
I come home and open the door,
Coming home to an empty room.

I wish you were here,
To be my shining star.
To be the happiness that awaits me,
On the otherside of the door.

4 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

Stunning!!!!!!!!

Wow....I know Jeanie is going to love this!!!!
Don`t we all miss that trail of Angel.......
I know a girl on this side that buy fake Angel perfume and spray it in her room so that she can have the smell near her...as this is bringing the memories nearer and real
Great stuff !!!!

IndigoGirl said...

Stunning girl!
But it made me sad! Cause I DO WISH YOU ALL WERE HERE!!!!

IndigoGirl said...

Ny, did you forget your password or something? Where are you girl?

Gypsy Purple said...

May you have a blessed and happy Easter